Fixed Interval Schedule:
Description: The first response after a fixed time interval is reinforced.
- A rate of responding that increases gradually throughout the interval until
- A post-reinforcement pause.
- A moderate RTE
Examples in natural environments:
- Checking mail if it is delivered regularly.
- Waiting for cement to dry.
Examples in video games
- Waiting for monsters to re-spawn in a game where re-spawning occurs at
fixed intervals. Note: In multiplayer games other players may also be waiting
for the monster to re-spawn as well, in which case there is a fixed interval,
limited hold schedule (see below)
- Obtaining objects, treasures, or power-ups that only re-appear at fixed